"once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12


Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ethiopia Trip 1 Day 4

Today was our last day in Ethiopia. We got up for our last breakfast in our hotel. We ate and then Luther came back to the room and got sick. We think it was something he ate the day before. He didn't want to miss a day with the girls so he rested a bit. He took some nausea medicin. He decided that he could go and just take it easy. We then left on the bus for Hannah's Hope for the last visit. I could not believe that I would be getting on a plane and leaving my girls in Ethiopia. I decided I would not think about the leaving and just enjoy hugging and kissing on them for this last day. We drove up and pulled in. Emma B was playing and ran to the van with a huge smile on her face. We couldn't get out fast enough. Emma Bwas in the van as soon as the door opened. She jumped on Luther and hugged him as tight as she could before he could get out of the van. Then she did the same to me as Esther K was hugging Luther. It was so great to feel how happy they were to see us. It is so hard to explain how we have connected in just these four short days. It is evident that God prepared their hearts and answered my prayers. I know we will be going through transitions and struggles on this journey but this sure is a beautiful beginning. The rest of our day was spent playing, hugging, talking, and laughing together.  Luther rested on the couch but was able to still spend quality time with the girls. They were both so sweet to him.











We came back to the hotel around 4:30pm. We finished packing, took showers, ate supper, and rested before going to the airport. We flew out about 10:55 pm. I really felt a saddness as our plane took off and I knew that Ester K and Emma B were going to be a world away. I do know from my days at Hannah's Hope that my girls will be loved and taken care of while they are there. The mama in me justs wants them home with me. I am praying boldly that we will get our Embassy appointment very soon. My girls know that we are not there and I want to get them home, but I know that the Lord knows the plan and I am trusting him through this next step of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment