"once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12


Saturday, April 14, 2012

One More Week!

I can't contain my excitement!! One week from today- at this time -we will be heading to the airport in Nashville. We will get on a plane and start our long flight to see our beautiful girls in Ethiopia. I have so many emotions as I write this morning. I think about the fact that God spoke to Luther and I six months ago about taking this journey. Little did we know that at the same exact time our sweet girls were being dropped off in the orphanage by their uncle because their mother was to ill to care for them--BUT God knew. During this time, God was wrecking mine & Luther's hearts and pointing us towards Hannah's Hope & Ethiopia God was moving in our girls lives to get them to Hannah's Hope. God was working out the paperwork over 400 miles away and journeying our agencies people to that exact place to locate OUR girls & bring them to Hannah's Hope. Again we didn't know-BUT God did. To some this may seem like a coincidence but I know that God has been instrumental in bringing both Our girls & us to this exact place and time. Even when we didn't see his hand he was moving in every little part of thier journey and ours. So here we are, a week before we leave on a plane to see the two most beautiful Ethiopian girls in the world. Did I imagine God would place me here? No, but I am so glad he did. Even though I do not know how they will react or feel when I see their sweet faces, I know my God has a plan. Even though I do not know what our journey will be like down the road, I know my God has a plan. I am so thankful that this world does not just happen by accident, BUT that my God has a plan.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! So excited and so blessed to get to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete