"once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12


Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Shots Shots & more Shots!!

Well yesterday Luther and I got our shots we needed to travel. We went to the travel clinic at Vanderbilt. We got our polio booster, meningitis, yellow fever,& typhoid. We already had hepatitis, flu, & tetenous. If not, we would have had those also. We also got a prescription for an antibiotic in case we need it while in country. I realized how lucky we are to live in America where we have access to these vaccines. We also have to use bottled water while in Ethiopia because we can not trust anything coming out of the faucet. So that means bottled water even when we brush our teeth. We can't eat fresh fruits & vegetables because they are washed in the water. Again, I realized how fortunate I am to live in a part of the world where I can drink water from my faucet. I praised God for allowing me to be able to live where I do not have to worry about this every second. I praised God that he was allowing me to bring my two girls home from Ethiopia where they would not have to grow up worrying about this. I think we live in our comfortable world and forget or just don't let ourselves think about what other people live with on a daily basis. I thank God for using this entire experience to open my eyes to what is happening in the world. I pray that I continue to get a glimpse of others the way God sees them and remember that we were ALL created in his image no matter where we are from. I know he has so much more to teach me as we continue on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment