"once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12


Saturday, March 10, 2012

Family of 6!

Wow Wow Wow!!! Well as of 2:04 yesterday we became a family of 6. Our family accepted the referral of two amazingly beautiful girls. I left the house with two beautiful gifts from God and am writing this as a mother of 4 beautiful gifts from God. I am so overwhelmed that God is allowing me to show his love to 4 girls. I write this as I cry tears of joy. What a humbling experience this has been. God has showed me that he is the one that truly knows our path. On October 12th, he spoke to me for the first time & asked me to listen to him on adopting. What a journey these past 5 months have been. I know that this is just the beginning. I am just so humbled. I have longed for them over thses months not knowing what they looked like. I saw K and B (we can't use their real names on our blog yet) and feel in love with them as soon as I saw their wonderful faces. I can't wait to hug them and comfort them. God has made them and I am just so in love with them. I can't wait to see the plans God has for their lives. I feel humbled to be their adoptive mother and that I get to help them see how much God loves them. I want them to know they are princesses to us and to the Heavenly Father that knitted them carefully together in their mother's womb. I have cried already over the tragedy and pain in their lives. I have prayed diligently for their birth mother. I hope to do her proud and be the very best mom to those sweet girls. I think about the bible verse my MaParker used to quote--"train up a child in the way she should go and when she is old she will not depart from it". God has given this command to parents and we are responsible for showing our children His way and being the example in our walk with him. I only hope that with my 4 girls I can strive to do this. It is only through the Lords guidance and a relationship with Him that this is even possible. I ask that you continue to pray for us and our daughters.

You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day. (Psalm 139:15, 16 MSG)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Those are the sweetest girls and I can tell the Lord is already softening their hearts to Him. Blessings on your journey! Rebekah McGee, yestoadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm looking so forward to following your journey to your new daughters!

    ReplyDelete