"once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The journey begins

Well today we are offically starting the journey to adoption. I am not a blogger but God has led me to involve others during this time. I am a very private person but i know God wants to use us and make us a part of his story. I thought God and I had agreed on the future plans for our family. I mean we have two children, a nice house, jobs, and we seemed to be on the same sheet of music. Well was I wrong. God began really convicting me about adoption over fall break. I taked to Luther and little did I know God had been convicting him also. I was pretty aggrevated at first because i just turned 40 in September & I thought we were finished with children of our own. Well after the shock, I have found myself feeling excited at what God wants to do. In the Spring of this year I read "Radical" by David Platt. Wow... It really convicted me on a lot of levels but the biggest was not putting God in my own little box but to let my heart break for what breaks his. I know that this will be a journey of faith with a lot of stress, growth, and joy. I ask that you would consider praying for us while we are on this adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment