"once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12


Monday, June 11, 2012

Update!

Our case was submitted to the US Embassy in Ethiopia on May 29th. We have been waiting for this since we arrived home from our first trip. We knew that it could take anywhere from three to eight weeks to be submitted. Our agency had to gather a lot of paperwork before they could submit it. I wish I could say this part has been easy but it hasn't. This has been the most difficult part of the process. After our time in Ethiopia I have wanted nothing more than to bring my daughters home. I have spent time with them, loved on them, & then had to leave them half way across the world. I spend my days wondering what they are doing, how they have changed, do they feel sad or lonely. It is an awful feeling, but I know that God has a perfect plan. He knew that we would have to all go through this part of the journey. It has definetly changed me.

Tomorrow, June 12, our girls' uncle will be testifying before the embassy. I know this will be very difficult for him as he discusses the passing of his sister, the birth mother to our girls. He has been traveling to Addis from Mekele to do this. This is at least a two day journey. I have been praying for his heart as he prepares for this part of the process. I had hoped to get to go to Ethiopia early so I could meet him, but the embassy discourages travel until a Embassy appointment date is given. This only happens after the birth family interview. I tried several avenues to see if they would make an exception, but it was not part of God's plan.

Please pray with us that the interview with the uncle will go well. We hope that we can get on a plan this weekend to get our girls & bring them home forever. We miss them so much!

1 comment:

  1. Praying you are on a plane in just a few days! Your daughters are so beautiful! Thrilled for them and for you!

    ReplyDelete